Going back old school, sharing the recipe of a very basic yet one of all time favourites of Indian biscuits which are perfect with a hot cup of tea. Hope you like it. If you are someone like me who has recently got into baking because of the never ending lockdown then this is worth a try 😛
Wheat Flour Biscuits (Atta Biscuits)
- 1/4 Cup Unsalted Butter (Room Temperature, Softened)
- 1/8 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Wheat Flour
- 1/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 Tsp Baking Soda
- Little Pinch of Salt
- 1/4 Tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1.5 Tbsp Milk ( Room Temperature)
- Preheat the oven at 160 C and line a baking tray with a parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, take the softened unsalted butter and powdered sugar and whisk them together so that they are well mixed.
- Add the wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cardamom powder into the butter and sugar mixture and mix well by crumbling the ingredients with hand.
- Add in the milk and you will see that the dough is combing well. Do not knead just combine to form a dough. In case you find the dough too soft adjust it by dusting in more flour.
- The dough should have a semi-crumbly texture.
- Make little balls of the dough and place it on the lined baking tray and flatten it with your hand.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Once they are baked, let them cool on a wire wrack before you devour them.
I hope you enjoy baking this recipe as much as I did. Please do share your comments regarding it.
Thanks for reading.