Lemon as a part of my dessert is one of my favourite things and I was all over the moon when I discovered this amazing recipe by Chef Pooja Dhingra in her book “Can’t Believe It’s Eggless”. I should say that this is one of my most priced investments in terms of cookery books.
- All Purpose Flour = 220gm
- Butter = 180gm (Softened, Room Temperature)
- Castor Sugar = 100gm
- Lemon Zest = 5gm (While zesting the lemon please make sure you do not include the white part of the peel)
- Lemon Juice = 5ml
- Castor Sugar =25gm
- Lemon Zest =2 gm
- Using your stand mixer, whisk butter and castor sugar together for 2-3 minutes, until it is soft and fluffy. Add lemon juice ad lemon zest into the butter mixture and whisk it for 1-2 minutes.
- Sift the flour into the mixture and mix it properly, until it forms a dough-like mixture.
- Transfer the dough into a cling wrap and refrigerate it for about 30 minutes.
- When you take it out from the fridge you will find it firmer. Roll it into a log and cling wrap it once again. Put it back in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven at 165 degrees Celcius and line the baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a separate bowl, mix castor sugar and lemon zest for coating the cookies. The zest will give an extra punch and castor sugar will provide the beautiful caramelized colour to the cookies.
- Dip the outer circle of each cookie in the lemon-sugar mixture and place it on the baking tray.
- Bake it for 12-15 minutes.
- Allow it cool before you serve it.