For all my food lover friends, today I am going to share the recipe of my favourite veggie sandwich with you all. It has an indian twist to it but it is extremely easy and very very yummy.
Note: This recipe prepares 2 full sandwiches i.e. 4 half sandwiches.
4 Medium Sized Potatoes Boiled, Peeled and Mashed.
1 Small Green Capsicum (Chopped and Sliced)
1 Small Tomato (Sliced)
1 Small Onion (Sliced)
Green Chillies Chopped
Processed Cheese (Cheddar Cheese) Grated
Salt (to taste)
Chat Masala (Optional)
- First of all, boil the potatoes, peel and mash them and keep them aside.
- Add chopped capsicum and green chillies, along with 1/2 tbsp of butter into the potato mash.
- Depending how much you like the cheese, add some grated cheddar into the mash. Mix them well.
- Add some salt to taste into the mash and mix it well and keep it aside.
- Prepare Green Coriander Chutney ***.
- Spread some butter on 4 slices of white bread and keep them aside.
- Spread some green coriander chutney on other 4 slices of bread and keep them aside.
- Each sandwich is prepared with 4 slices of bread (2-buttered bread and 2-green chutney bread).
- Take one slice of buttered bread and spread the potato mash mixture evenly on the bread and sprinkle some black pepper and chat masala on it. Cover it with another slice of green chutney bread. (Bread Set 1)
- Take the second slice of the buttered bread and place the thinly sliced tomatoes, onions and capsicum on it and cover the vegetables with a layer of grated cheese. Sprinkle some black pepper on it and then cover it with another slice of green chutney bread. (Bread Set 2)
- Place the Bread Set 2 upon Bread Set 1 and complete the preparation of one sandwich.
- Repeat the same process for following sandwiches.
- Pre-Heat the sandwich maker and place the prepped sandwiches and wait till its nicely toasted.
- Serve Hot.
*** How to Prepare Green Coriander Chutney
- Take a blender.
- Add some coriander leaves into it along with a few stalks.
- Depending how spicy you want, add 2-3 green chillies.
- Add some salt to taste
- Pour some water.
- Blend them all together , so that it reaches the consistency of a thick paste.
- Once the paste is prepared, add lemon juice to it and mix it well.
- Traditionally the chutney should be spicy, tangy and a bit sour in taste. But you can adjust the flavours according to your personal choice.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. Incase you have any additional questions please feel free to post a comment or contact me. If you try this recipe at home, please share your experience.